A month of Magikal Mindful Mandalas

I did a good deed the other day, I volunteered my time for Angelhands Inc, a charitable organisation that helps support people who have lost loved ones to homicide or have been effected by violent crimes, oh my gosh I can't even comprehend the horror the lady who began this organisation has had to face, she is truly inspirational and full of love to give back to others who have gone through such a tragedy. You really would lose all sense of being safe in the world after going through such an ordeal and Angelhands helps people through this. 



I offered a mandala making workshop for their 'Hope and Healing Evening' which is held once a month to offer a positive supportive space.



I asked a friend to be a guinea pig angel for me to test run my workshop, it's nice to have a practise run and whilst we slipped into the heart opening joy that drawing a mandala can gift I thought "Oh my, I want to do this everyday!" So the idea for a month of mandalas was sparked.

And here's your invite :)

Everyday for the month of July I invite you to gift yourself the preciousness that is a moment of mindful mandala making :) 

Even just a wee one on a post-it note, or on the back of an old envelope while you have your lunch, whatever you like! This is not about perfection or capital 'A' art or another bloody thing to do and stress about, this is about ArtLove and connecting to our heart space and enjoying the peace found within creativity, so keep it simple if your busy, make it a space for love and enjoyment. Let the Mandalas unfold naturally, allow them to be simple or detailed, big or small, fancy or scrappy, the main thing is just to gift yourself at least 15minutes a day of mindful mandalas and by the end of the month you will feel amazible! 

I have developed a list of 31 prompts for us to use to focus our thoughts and energy on as we draw, although you are also free to just create a free intuitive mandala, the main thing is we do it everyday! 

I'll be sharing my pictures to my Instagram account, I would love to see your mandalas too, so please share the love with the hashtags #mindfulmandalamonth. I'll also be posting to the Handmade Wonderland Facebook page so please do share the love on Facebook too and link me in by tagging my Facebook page and let's fill our news feeds with beauty and mindfulness - exactly what the newsfeeds in the land of social media need :) 



Would you like a mandala tutorial to get you started? 
You can find that post here

Brightest blessings art lovers, I can't wait to see all your beautiful mandalas :D 
Love faerie xxx 



0 comments:

Post a Comment